Both a celebrated artist and entrepreneur, Nick's career path is guided by the enduring principle that business can be pleasure. His resume reads as an ultimate melding of both the creative and business sides of the music industry - collaborating with, mentoring, and managing award-winning talent along the way.
- DJ/Producer: The Funk Hunters
- Founder & CEO: Westwood Recordings
- Co-Founder & CEO: Midnight Agency
- Talent Buyer: Rifflandia Festival
- Artist Manager: The Funk Hunters, Moontricks, Stickybuds, Kotek.
- Mixing & Mastering Engineer: Big Gigantic, Dr Fresch, Aloe Blacc and more.
As an artist, Nick Middleton has performed on iconic stages such as Coachella & Life Is Beautiful, produced and engineered remixes for world-class talent like U2 & Imagine Dragons, and built a legacy of independent music, art, and events under his acclaimed imprints & music companies, Westwood Recordings and Midnight Agency. Today he's focused on building forward-thinking organizations and digital platforms tasked with empowering the next generation of artists.
In the studio, Middleton’s production and engineering work with acts like The Funk Hunters, Chali 2na (Jurassic 5), and Big Gigantic have led to an impressively diverse body of work that boasts over 50 million streams online.
In 2018, his official remix of U2’s “Love Is Bigger” went to #1 on the Billboard Dance Club chart as part of a remix package, making this Middleton’s first US #1. Middleton has also been awarded multiple Western Canadian Music Awards for albums he has produced and mixed – Delhi 2 Dublin (2016) and The Funk Hunters (2018) - as well as a JUNO award in 2022 for Mastering DJ Shub’s “War Club Live”.
In 2019, Middleton entered the world of artist management, expanding the artist services offered at Westwood and putting his decade-long love affair of music and entrepreneurship to work empowering the next generation of Canadian artists. The growing Westwood brand also now includes Westwood Sounds (a sample pack company for producers), Westwood Radio (a monthly radio show), and Westwood X (Westwood’s first sub-label aimed at developing emerging talent).
In 2021, Middleton co-founded Midnight Agency with longtime business partner Grant Paley. Today Midnight boasts an acclaimed artist roster of over 40 internationally renowned clients with offices in Toronto and Vancouver.
Always refining his skill set as a mixing and mastering engineer, Middleton has studied under famed EDM Engineer, Luca Pretolesi (Studio DMI, Las Vegas), as well as Grammy award-winning mixers Manny Marroquin (Larrabee Studios, Los Angeles) and Andrew Scheps (Studios La Fabrique, France) at MixWithTheMasters.
Middleton’s other engineering credits include: Big Gigantic, Dr Fresch, Aloe Blacc, Glass Petals, Elohim, Kota the Friend, and Brasstracks, as well as official remixes for global stars such as U2, Selena Gomez, Imagine Dragons, Gramatik, Haywyre, Opiuo, Dub FX and more.
- 2009: Co-Founded The Funk Hunters, an award-winning internationally renowned touring act.
- 2013: Founded Westwood Recordings.
- 2015: ‘Mix With The Masters’ weeklong seminar in France with Grammy award-winning Mixer, Andrew Scheps (Studios La Fabrique, France).
- 2016: Workshop with famed EDM mixer & mastering engineer, Luca Pretolesi (Studio DMI, Las Vegas).
- 2016: Winner WCMA for ‘Electronic Album Of The Year’ (Producer/Mixer: Delhi2Dublin – “We’re All Desi”)
- 2017: Workshop with Grammy award-winning Mixer, Manny Marroquin (Larrabee Studios, Los Angeles).
- 2018: Official Remix for U2 hits #1 on Billboard Dance Club chart
- 2018: Winner WCMA ‘Electronic Artist Of The Year’ (The Funk Hunters)
- 2019: Awarded the 2019 Artist In Residence at the National Music Center of Canada
- 2020: First electronic act in history to receive CIMA Certified ‘Road Gold Certification’ for The Funk Hunters (over 25k+ tickets sold in Canada in 12 months).
- 2021: One of twelve Canadian music entrepreneurs selected to attend the Phoenix Music Executive Development Program.
- 2021: Co-Founded Midnight Agency, an acclaimed Canadian booking agency representing over 40 artists around the globe.
- 2022: Talent Buyer for 2022 edition of famed indie festival, Rifflandia (securing international acts like Lorde, Charli XCX, Cypress Hill, DJ Diesel, Dillon Francis, and many more.)
- 2022: Winner JUNO Award [Mastering Engineer - DJ Shub War Club - Contemporary Indigenous Album Of The Year]