Nick Middleton Music
Nick Middleton is a celebrated producer, artist, engineer, and music executive.About Nick
Producer. Engineer. Talent Buyer. Artist Manager. Label & Agency Owner.
Nick's career path is guided by the enduring principal that business can be pleasure. He's performed on iconic stages such as Coachella & Life Is Beautiful, produced and engineered remixes for world-class talent like U2 & Imagine Dragons, and built a legacy of independent music, art, and events under his acclaimed imprints & music companies, Westwood Recordings and Midnight Agency. His resume reads as an ultimate melding of both the creative and business sides of the music industry - collaborating with, mentoring, and managing talent along the way.
Westwood Recordings | Midnight Agency
CEO / Founder
In 2013 Middleton founded Westwood Recordings - an independent record label with an acclaimed artist roster, catalog, and global following. In 2021, Middleton co-founded Midnight Agency, an award-winning music & arts booking agency in Canada representing a diverse roster of talent nationally, and abroad.
Select Career Highlights (click to expand)
- 2009: co-founded The Funk Hunters, an award-winning internationally renowned touring act.
- 2013: Founded Westwood Recordings.
- 2015: ‘Mix With The Masters’ weeklong seminar in France with Grammy award-winning Mixer, Andrew Scheps (Studios La Fabrique, France).
- 2016: Workshop with famed EDM mixer & mastering engineer, Luca Pretolesi (Studio DMI, Las Vegas).
- 2016: Winner WCMA for ‘Electronic Album Of The Year’ (Producer/Mixer: Delhi2Dublin – “We’re All Desi”)
- 2017: Workshop with Grammy award-winning Mixer, Manny Marroquin (Larrabee Studios, Los Angeles).
- 2018: Official Remix for U2 hits #1 on Billboard Dance Club chart
- 2018: Winner WCMA ‘Electronic Artist Of The Year’ (The Funk Hunters)
- 2019: Awarded the 2019 Artist In Residence at the National Music Center of Canada
- 2020: First electronic act in history to receive CIMA Certified ‘Road Gold Certification’ for The Funk Hunters (over 25k+ tickets sold in Canada in 12 months).
- 2021: One of twelve Canadian music entrepreneurs selected to attend the Phoenix Music Executive Development Program.
- 2021: Co-Founded Midnight Agency, an award-winning Canadian booking agency representing over 40 artists around the globe.
- 2022: Talent Buyer for 2022 edition of famed indie festival, Rifflandia (securing international acts like Lorde, Charli XCX, Cypress Hill, DJ Diesel, Dillon Francis, and many more.)
- 2022: Winner JUNO Award [Mastering Engineer - DJ Shub War Club Live - Contemporary Indigenous Album Of The Year]
Monitoring: Barefoot MM27 Gen2s | Genelec 8040Bs w/ 8040B Subwoofer | Yamaha NS-10s | Audeze LCD-X
Conversion: Dangerous Music Convert-AD+, Crane Song Solaris Quantum D/A Converter, Universal Audio Apollo 16, Dangerous Music Source
Analog: Dangerous Music 2BUS+ Analog Summing Mixer, Rockruepel x Studio DMI Sidechain.one Compressor, Millenia NSEQ-2 Stereo Mastering EQ, Tegeler Audio Creme Stereo EQ, Maag Audio EQ4M, SSL G Stereo Buss Compressor, Bettermaker EQ502P, Bettermaker EQ 542, Access Virus TI2 Synthesizer.
Digital: Universal Audio, Acustica Audio, Brainworx, Fab Filter, TDR Labs, Eventide Audio, Leapwing Audio, Soundtoys, NI Komplete, Arturia, Softube.
Recent Production & Remix Clients
- Imagine Dragons
- Selena Gomez
- Polish Ambassador
- Interscope Records
- Universal Records
- Island Records
Recent Mixing & Mastering Clients
- Big Gigantic
- Dr. Fresch
- Aloe Blacc
- Kota the Friend
- Glass Petals
- Chali 2na (Jurassic 5)
- House Call Records